Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What's that? God RESTED?!?

First things first - hooray for someone blogging other than me! Since we are not yet offically on the pilgrimage, I haven't really bugged the rest of the group toooo much about leaving their thoughts on here. That will soon change. In fact, it will change in less than one week...so get ready pilgrims! ;-)


I, too, like Laura am heading out for the weekend. And like Laura, I too packed my bag, tried it on and paraded it around the house. Unlike her, though, I had an audience of one - me. :) What else have I been up to? Well, I've been spending the past few days making lists and checking them a lot more than twice!! So far, I've made some real progress:

Bags packed: Check (well, 95% of the way anyway!)!
Passport located: Check!
Currency exchange made: Check!
Global phone received: Check!
Tentative Itinerary developed: Check!
Prayer materials printed: 1/2
Pilgrim information cards: 0/9
And so it goes...

This is less to demonstrate how much work goes into planning a trip like this, and really more for my own purposes. If I don't write it down somewhere, there is a good chance I will forget it! And the way things are going lately, pieces of paper have been disappearing, so the virtual world will serve me well.

As I've said all along, we would very much appreciate and invite you to pray with us as we make this journey. Each pilgrim will be receiving a "Reflections on the Daily Word" prayer guide to help focus our days, and you can follow along at home! The guide can be found online at http://www.genesis-ministries.org/WYD08-dailyprayer.htm.

Well, it is off to bed, I suppose. Since we've been telling all the pilgrims to get plenty of rest, I suppose I should at some point follow suit. I'd hate to have to make a bad report at our last meeting tomorrow... Good night, and God bless!

Rakhi


P.S. - Our tentative itinerary will be posted here once everyone has had a chance to put their stamp of tentative approval on it tomorrow. So...check back later this week if you're curious as to where we might be going!

No comments: