Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Quotes!!

So, as official Quotemaster of the group, I now bring you some of the best off-yet-so-much-on-the-record moments from our WYD pilgrimage....enjoy!

Since 90% of the quotes came from our beloved Fr. John Martin (aka Padre Formaggio), I'm featuring his wisdom first:

"I always used to enjoy listening to the words of Jesus, but now it's just annoying!" (describing the notorious Jesus doll....and this was before we had even left the country...)

"Jesus' words aren't practical!" (also talking about the Jesus doll)

"I have an announcement: I have wet wipes."

Rakhi: "Fr, could you marry anyone on this trip?"
Padre: "I'm not allowed....I'm a monk."

"Last night, as we were wandering through the land of darkness and gloom....." (describing when the guys got lost on the way to the Opera House)

"If all else fails, we'll adore the Lord."

Jerry: "You were supposed to pass [the empty ice-cream cup] on to someone before we left the train!"
Padre: "Well you see I'm wearing my collar so I have to be careful....I don't want people to think What kind of a priest is this? He gives me rubbish!"

"It's idolatry because we're worshipping a doll."

"Check it out!" (the Padre's famous dance move)

"Never blog in the shower."

"You never know when you'll need a spork."

"I love penance horror stories!"

"I crown you Queen Duct Tape!" (to Laura)

me: "What doesn't kill me makes me stranger."
Padre: "But you're so strange already!"

"The bird is 80 years old....but he doesn't look a day over 45!"

Fr. Bernard: "Some Presbyterian chaplains are coming to the cottage next."
Padre: "Oh let's not clean for them!"

"World Youth Day pilgrims, GET A GRIP!" (to us as we were very slap-happy and playing with the overhead lights on our last flight)

Quotes from other pilgrims:

"There's no such thing as a manly ferry!" ~Tony

"We don't want Jesus flashing people.....they already think Americans are crazy!"~Rakhi

"We have to find out who invented pants!"~me, Jerry, Rakhi

"Awkward....Rakhi's...."~Jerry, referring to Rakhi's luggage

"Time to strip"~Rakhi

"I'm Rubbish-Man!"~Tony

"I'm growing my own set of natural mittens on my face"~Tony

"This game is about patience"~Jerry

"Do we have any holy water? If not we can use Gatorade"~Laura

"It's a blessing that there are so many different languages....that way we can laugh at people's accents!"~Laura

me: "It's good in theory....."
Laura: "So is Communism"

"I'm catching my 16th wind!"~me

Rakhi: "That was a self-deprecating remark...now you have to say two nice things about yourself"
Jerry: "Ok....I'm good looking and weigh the correct amount"

"Toes are way over-rated"~Jerry

Padre: "How would one pray obnoxiously?"
Sandra: "Oh Anna could find a way!"

Quotes from other people we ran across:

"Hey Banana-Man!"~lady at coffee-shop, to Jerry

Parent@zoo: "Feed the bird!"
Kid: "No, he'll beak me!"

"You can't go wrong with Jesus and Detroit!"~kid from Philly, who admired the Jesus doll

"You'll probably end up on page 3....that's where they put all the topless women stories"~Matthew, on the ferry

"Are you becoming a monk tonight?"~random drunk kid

"You're from Detroit? Where are the black fellas?"~also random drunk kid

"Caution, I'm hot"~lid on McDonald's cup (don't ask)

"Well, as my dad told me on my 18th birthday, get your stuff and go!"~flight attendant on last flight home

"These words of Jesus are not practical"~Cardinal Pell (just like the Padre said!)

Any more that you guys remember, feel free to add! Love you all!:)
~Anna

No comments: