Monday, July 7, 2008

Almost Ready to Go!


WOW! I can't believe 10 months have flown by already since I committed to going to World Youth Day with Genesis and now 24 hours from the time I post this we will be on a plane headed for Los Angeles on the first leg of our trip to the other side of the world!

To give you a background, I have already attended 2 previous international WYDs, in 2002 in Toronto while in High School and also 2005 in Cologne, Germany while in college. This time around I didn't have the luxury of having summer off from school due to full-time employment (a blessing in SE Michigan) so I had to jump through a few more hoops to make sure I could get the time off from work. Both previous pilgrimages were extremely helpful to my journey in the Catholic faith and already the pilgrimage of the heart during the past 10 months has brought me closer to faith and knowing God more personally. I know the next 16 days are going to help me grow again in leaps and bounds (like the kangaroos we will see!).

Anyways, after a relaxing weekend at home near Buffalo, NY I am now slightly sunburned and finishing up last-minute items at work. After work I'm going to head home, tuck a few last things into my backpack, clean the apartment, and get a good night's rest before our long journey tomorrow.

I can't wait to get off the ground & walk upside down on the other side of the world!

G'day to all of those who are travelling with us in spirit and reading the blog!

No comments: